Many people in this digital age are looking for information on MTN data transfer procedures. People now rely more on the internet than ever before to connect, make money, obtain the latest news from around the globe, and for amusement. Sadly, there are occasions when people lack the data necessary to use the internet. They look for knowledge on how to transmit MTN data at these times. One of the top mobile networks in South Africa and other African nations is MTN.
You can browse, communicate, and even stream videos easily and comfortably with the MTN data service. Incredibly, one MTN customer may share data with another MTN user. South African-based MTN South Africa is a telecom provider. MTN holds over 37% of the market share in South Africa and is traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the share code MTN.
For its 20 million South African consumers, the corporation offers and develops voice, data, and telemetry solutions.MTN was founded in South Africa in 1994 at the start of democracy as a pioneer in change. Since then, we have expanded by making investments in advanced communication infrastructure, creating new technologies, and utilizing the skills of our varied workforce to provide services to communities throughout Africa and the Middle East.
How do you transfer airtime from MTN to MTN?
Using the MTN Share service (formerly known as Share ‘N’ Sell), you can send airtime (or credit) from your MTN account to the accounts of other MTN customers. All prepaid and postpaid subscribers on the MTN network, both new and old, are eligible to use MTN Share. Now, free airtime transfers are available.
Before you can transfer airtime, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
To Change your MTN Share PIN:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
Immediately after you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
How to transfer airtime using SMS
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to transfer airtime using USSD
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
How to transfer bundles using the MTN data transfer code
To share bundles using the MTN data transfer code, follow these steps:
- If you do not have data, buy MTN data bundles by dialling *136*2*163#
- Dial *131*7# and tap the call button. Select “Transfer from Data Balance”
- Enter the recipient’s MTN phone number
- Select the amount of data you wish to transfer
- Confirm the transfer by typing “1”
How to save data when using MTN
Turn off automatic updates
Your phone will consume a lot of data bundles if you often update your apps. As a result, disable the automatic updates option on your phone and alter the settings such that automatic updates are only permitted when Wi-Fi is available.
Browse the internet responsibly
Install just the necessary apps, and refrain from becoming addicted to social media, as doing so uses a lot of data. If you aren’t using your social networking apps, turn off your data connection and download data-efficient versions of such apps.
Use Wi-Fi instead of data bundles where possible
Wi-Fi is available in several public locations, including malls, hospitals, parks, and trains. Use the free public Wi-Fi and turn off your cell data, but avoid logging into private accounts like the bank for security concerns.
ALSO READ: How to cancel a subscription on mtn